Sunday, December 20, 2009

Making the Lager Leap Part II

Phase two of the Great Lager Leap is underway.  Today I brewed lager #2, a doppelbock and transfered the "experimental" 3 gallon batch #1 to the secondary.
Batch #1 had done its job in creating a nice army of yeast so that the doppelbock can get a quick start.  It was put in its new home and sent to the cooler to lager.  (That means age at a cool temperature.)  It will remain in the chill box in the Tin Whisker for several weeks.  It will then be divided into 3 one gallon batches.
In batch #1, I will add lime juice in an attempt to make a lime flavored lager.
In batch #2, I will add olive juice to see if I can create the beer that Susie says will be fantastic.
In batch # 3, I will add nothing.  Just to see how my first atttempt at a Lite American Lager comes out.
You can read a more detailed account of the actual brewing process at http://www.hchomebrew.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment